Best Business Laptops in 2022 (For Office Work)
The HP Envy 13 is a portable touchscreen laptop but doesn’t arrive with a convertible design. So, we have included an additional option for people looking for a mid-range touchscreen laptop with a conventional design. With this machine, you can do multiple things to give it the extra benefits of an easily accessible display. Speaking of the specifications, the front portion is surrounded by a 13.3-inch FHD display based on the IPS LED technology. It offers 1920 x 1080p resolution with touch support. Additionally, the display offers 300 nits of max brightness and anti-glare coating for a clear, bright outdoor experience.
HP Envy 13 (13-ba1010nr) Display: 13.3-Inch Full HD Touchscreen
13.3-Inch Full HD Touchscreen Processor: Intel Core i7-1165G7
Intel Core i7-1165G7 Graphics: Integrated Intel XE GPU
Integrated Intel XE GPU RAM: 8GB DDR4
8GB DDR4 Storage: 256GBGB NVMe SSD
Moreover, this display is paired with narrow bezels and has an HD camera on the top. In terms of processing power, Lenovo IdeaPad 5 is a powerful laptop because of the Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor. This is a quad-core 11th gen processor with eight threads. All of these cores are designed on the 10nm process that offers more power efficiency. So you will get a 4.2GHz max clock speed out of this laptop. Because of its thin design, there is no dedicated GPU inside this laptop. For that reason, it has an integrated Intel GPU, which is the Iris XE Graphics G7. This is a powerful integrated GPU for multitasking.
Speaking about multi-tasking, this laptop comes with 8GB DDR4 RAM and a 256GB SSD drive. So it has enough memory and storage to do business tasks. Apart from that, it runs on Windows 10, and you will get Windows 11 updates in the future. This laptop has Wi-Fi 6 combined with Bluetooth 5. Speaking of its port setup, there are two USB A ports and a Type C port. Besides, it has an HDMI, an audio jack, and a micro-SD card reader. Meanwhile, you will also get enhanced privacy and security. Overall, HP Envy 13 is a touchscreen business laptop with powerful performance and all of these come under $900.
Pros Powerful Performance
3D Fingerprint Scanner
HQ Touchscreen Panel Cons Heats up quickly
Limited RAM & Storage CHECK ON AMAZON
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Laptops for Business Users in 2022?
Here are a few important things you need to consider before buying a laptop for business-related work:
The first thing that comes to mind is the processor. You cannot run a laptop smoothly with a crappy processor. So you will undoubtedly need a powerful processor-powered laptop to do anything. Intel recently introduced their new 11th Gen line-up, and they are perfect for business laptops. But these laptops can be costly. For that reason, you can also look at the 9th and 10th gen powered laptops.
On the other side, AMD has its Ryzen 5000 series. You can say these new-gen processors are outstanding, especially those quad-core processors. But there is not a major improvement over the 4000 series. So, if there is any cheaper alternative available with AMD 4000 chip, you can undoubtedly consider that one. Apart from that, Apple has its M1-powered MacBooks that take you to an entirely different world in terms of performance with great efficiency. So, you can buy any of these new-gen laptops.
The second most important part of a computer is the GPU. However, most business laptops come with only integrated graphics cards because these laptops are often prioritized for lightweights. But if you want a dedicated GPU-powered business laptop, then Nvidia RTX 30 series (RTX 3050, RTX 3060, RTX 3070, RTX 3080) is the best suited. Other than that, the latest Intel and AMD integrated GPUs offer enough performance for general business works.
RAM and Storage
Both RAM and Storage are important to get a balanced performance. Especially you will need at least 8GB RAM onboard to get a smooth experience. But 16GB RAM is recommended in 2022 for future-proofing, and you will have more than enough left for multiple tasks. Additionally, your laptops need more than 256GB of drive to store all the files, including those OS files. Otherwise, you will run out of space very quickly. Moreover, these drives need to be Solid State Drives. With that, you will get faster performance.
Webcam & Display
The front camera, also known as Webcam, comes in very handy for video conferencing and making casual video calls. Being a business person, the Webcam will help you attend the online meeting and work from Home. The Post-pandemic era is highly influenced to adopt work remotely because companies are concerned about spreading the unwanted virus; it is also a more convenient way to save resources. Hence, you should always give priority to a computer machine with good quality Webcam.
As far as display is concerned, it is not the prime focus of a business laptop. But, if a laptop offers good color calibration, it will help you avoid eye strain after spending a long time sitting in from of the laptop screen. If you have a decent budget, you can definitely pick a high-quality panel with decent color calibration, but this is not the thing you can’t live without. Overall, these are major factors you should consider looking at before buying a business laptop. We don’t want to waste time on small things because most people already know basic things.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the most important components for business laptops? If you are a business person, you will need a powerful laptop. Apart from the powerful processor and GPU, your laptop should have at least 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD drive. Is it necessary to have a lightweight laptop? It is not about necessity. You are a business person, and you have to carry a laptop with you most of the time. So a lightweight laptop will make it easier for you. As you will be able to take it anywhere you want. How much battery life is enough for a full working day? The laptop’s battery life depends on many aspects. But your laptop should give more than 12 hours of battery backup.
There are different laptops at different price points with different specifications. Buying a laptop comes down to two things; requirements and budget. So if your budget is around $800, there are options like the Acer Swift 3 and HP Pavilion x360. While if you can extend your budget to $1000, you can get the latest MacBook Air M1 and the Asus Zenbook 13. Apart from that, you will also get Dell XPS 13 and Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 if you are more focused on a touchscreen panel and enhanced portability. But the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 G9 is the most preferred option if you don’t have any budget problems.
This is one of the best Business laptops because of its highly durable build, smooth performance, and very good battery life. Additionally, the Razer Blade 14 is the best-performing laptop for graphics-intensive work; however, most business users don’t need that powerful machine. But in case you work in the graphics industry, this is the most powerful yet portable machine. Moreover, if you don’t want to spend that money, you can easily get the Acer Aspire 5 for under $400. It will offer enough performance to work daily. So that was it. Now you have to select one laptop beaded on what are your requirements and budget.
7 Best Business Laptop Reviews 2022
7 Top Picks 4 Reviewers 30 Hours of Research 30 Options Considered
The journey of accelerating and smoothing your workload can not be complete without the appearance of a buddy named “business laptop”. So, how powerful is “he”? Well, “he”, as well as other business laptops, will satisfy you in almost every aspect, not only for working but also for entertainment.
3 Top Business Laptops 1. [Best Business Laptop Overall] Acer Aspire 5 4.9/5 An Incredible Thin-and-Light Laptop
If you need a laptop with a large screen, but still portable, Acer Aspire 5 will be the best choice.
Acer Aspire 5 is not only an excellent laptop that is ultra-thin but also an incredibly good deal. Elegant design with a fast processor
Good battery life and low power consumption
Works quietly Check Current Price 2. [Best For The Money] Acer Aspire E 15 4.8/5 Smooth Productivity For A Reasonable Price
The Acer Aspire E 15 is a perfect laptop that comes with fresh components, simple design, and handy features. Compared to other laptops in the same class, Acer Aspire E 15 has a stellar battery life and fantastic performance.
Sleek and sturdy design
Convenient discrete graphics card
Impressive productivity performance Check Current Price 3. [Best For The 2in1 Convertible Laptop] Lenovo IdeaPad 4.7/5 Attractive Convertible At An Affordable Price
If you are looking for a convertible laptop that comes with both AMD and Intel hardware options, Lenovo IdeaPad will be a perfect choice.
Relatively thin and light
300-degree hinge for three using modes
Smooth productivity performance Check Current Price
If these three laptops were to your liking, find your best thin laptop. Latest updated specifications, prominent features suitable for office-related tasks, we have them all in this guide! Interested in what the those laptops are?
Best Business Laptop Reviews
[Best Business Laptop Overall] 1. Acer Aspire 5 4.9/5 An Incredible Thin-and-Light Laptop If you need a laptop with a large screen, but still a portable laptop, Acer Aspire 5 will be the best choice. Acer Aspire 5 is not only an excellent laptop that is ultra-thin but also an incredibly good deal. They say that “Beauty is only skin deep” and this statement applies very well to Acer Aspire 5. As a budget-friendly laptop, Acer Aspire 5 mainly focuses on internal features instead of its appearance. This laptop allows you to add more RAM memory or increase storage on your own that not many other premium models will offer you a chance to do. Featured a USB 2.0 port, two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI output, gigabit ethernet with a headphone-mic jack, Acer Aspire 5 laptop can be used as a real desktop. More importantly, its battery life can hit up to 8 hours. Such an amazing number, isn’t it? You can take it anywhere you want as this buddy only weighs 4.62 lbs with a 0.86” height. The Acer Aspire 5 definitely delivers better performance than you might expect at such a reasonable price. Although Acer Aspire 5 is mostly made of plastic and the display isn’t the most vibrant, it still performs most tasks well. Are you fond of a thin and lightweight laptop with a large screen? Go for it. Acer Aspire 5 Pros Elegant design with a fast processor
IPS display with high luminosity
Come with both SSD and HDD
Good battery life and low power consumption
Works quietly Acer Aspire 5 Cons Dismal display
Susceptible to fingerprints Check Current Price
[Best for the Money] 2. Acer Aspire E 15 4.8/5 Smooth Productivity For A Reasonable Price The Acer Aspire E 15 is a perfect laptop for business that comes with fresh components, simple design, and handy features. Compared to other laptops in the same class, Acer Aspire E 15 has a long battery life and fantastic performance. Instead of a 4K-resolution touchscreen, this 15-inch laptop features a full HD display. It perfectly shows the accurate color and better off-angle viewing. Thanks to the backlit keyboard of Acer Aspire E 15, you can forget the nightmare of having terrible typing experiences. In particular, the touchpad is super smooth and responsive. Therefore, it is extremely suitable for those who have to type a lot.
What’s more, this laptop’s battery can last over 10.5 hours. Rather good, right? If you accidentally leave your charger at home, calm down as Acer Aspire E15 laptop was born to make you rest assured about that! When it comes to battery life, Acer Aspire E 15 should be the No. 1 candidate on the list. With a powerful system, this laptop will be particularly suitable for those who usually do tasks related to graphic design. Acer Aspire E 15 Pros Sleek and sturdy design
Impressive productivity performance
Convenient discrete graphics card
Long battery life Acer Aspire E 15 Cons Dim display
A little thicker and heavier than an ultraportable Check Current Price
[Best for the 2in1 Convertible Laptop ] 3. Lenovo IdeaPad 4.7/5 Attractive Convertible At An Affordable Price If you are looking for a convertible laptop that comes with both AMD and Intel hardware options, Lenovo IdeaPad will be a perfect choice. The thinness of this laptop will blow your mind from the first glance. Lenovo IdeaPad is very slim, with only 0.7 inches thin. In addition, the wedge design on the bottom makes it look even thinner. Being a 2-in-1 convertible laptop, Lenovo IdeaPad comes with two 300-degree hinges, allowing you to use the laptop in all three modes (clamshell mode, tent mode, and tablet mode). More importantly, there is a front-facing 720p camera that offers video conferencing with average pictures. Like other notebooks, the Lenovo IdeaPad has a non-removable battery which makes the laptop more compact. The battery life is nearly 9 hours for daily productivity, good enough for such a 2-in-1 convertible laptop. However, the only limitation of this 14-inch laptop is its outdoor visibility. The machine is not equipped with a dim screen so low screen brightness makes it almost impossible to use under strong outdoor light. The Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 14 may be the second best choice for graphic designers. However, if you want a durable laptop for business meetings and long flights, don’t hesitate to put this one right on your buying list. Lenovo IdeaPad Pros Relatively thin and light
Smooth productivity performance
300-degree hinge for three using modes Lenovo IdeaPad Cons No Thunderbolt 3
No discrete graphics option Check Current Price
4. ASUS VivoBook L203MA 4.6/5 Reasonably Priced Laptop The ASUS VivoBook L203MA has enough features to be considered as a perfect budget-friendly laptop for business. Let us show you how good it is! Although the screen is just 11.6 inches, it can produce very bright colors with HD resolution. Additionally, the dot patterns can well prevent your laptop from leaving a fingerprint. Believe it or not, this is a true business Windows laptop and one of the best laptops under $800. Thanks to the Windows S Mode of The ASUS VivoBook L203MA, you can totally upgrade to Windows 10 Home 64-bit anytime you wish without paying a single penny. ASUS VivoBook L203MA is a great ASUS laptop overall. If you are on a tight budget, ASUS VivoBook L203MA would be a good deal. However, if you need to make a video call or online meeting frequently, let it be your second choice! ASUS VivoBook L203MA Pros Compact
Nice-looking, portable design
Affordable ASUS VivoBook L203MA Cons Narrow viewing angles
VGA webcam Check Current Price
5. Apple MacBook Pro 4.6/5 Super Thin With Strong Design If you are a fan of Apple’s devices, you shouldn’t miss this Macbook model. Apple MacBook Pro 13” impresses most business users with an ultra-thin and light device from the very first glance. For this update, Apple has updated the keyboard to a new level, helping to reduce the possibility of the keys getting stuck or unresponsive when pressed. Of course, business users will find typing such a great experience. Besides, Apple MacBook Pro also features storage up to 256GB, allowing users to store a huge amount of data. Possessing many preeminent features, this laptop is launched to the market at a high price. But this is understandable as it’s worth your money! It’s not an exaggeration to say that in the battle of Apple MacBook Pro and other similarly-specced Windows 10 laptops, the Apple laptop still takes the lead thanks to its secret weapon – battery life up to 10 hours. It can last around an entire workday without a single charge. The price of this 13-inch laptop might be a little bit high. However, if you’re looking for a MacBook that gives a smooth and responsive experience as well as possesses the ability to handle multitasking well, the MacBook Pro 13-inch will be a great choice. Apple MacBook Pro Pros Comfortable keyboard
Excellent Retina display
Long battery life
Good graphics and computing performance Apple MacBook Pro Cons Limited port variety
No support for Wi-Fi 6
High price Check Current Price
6. Microsoft Surface Go 4.5/5 Tiny Portable Laptop For A Good Deal Microsoft Surface Go is a great device that brings you an excellent experience with Windows 10. The outstanding advantage of this laptop lies in its compact and eye-catching design. The whole case of Microsoft Surface laptop is made of high-grade aluminum-magnesium alloy. With the tiltable hinge, the device can stand at any angle. The Surface Go has a USB Type-C port instead of the 3.0 port, located between the Battery Charger Port and the Headphone Jack. It can be said that Microsoft Surface laptop is rated as a Mini version of the Surface Pro line. Microsoft made a slight difference when adding the appearance of the USB C ports and not installing the heat sink. These designs represent a line of high-end laptops on the market. Designing the keys close together might be a minus of this device. You will need a certain period of time to get used to typing on this keyboard. So, be wise! Being the smallest device in the list, Microsoft Surface Go may not be a laptop with great storage capacity. Ideally, this surface will work well with video editing tasks, graphics, or images-related jobs. Microsoft Surface Go Pros Excellent design
Fantastic display and speaker
Affordable price Microsoft Surface Go Cons Small storage capacities
No standard USB ports Check Current Price
7. New Apple MacBook Pro 4.4/5 The Most Powerful MacBook Many people praise the MacBook Pro 16-inch as the best Apple Macbook ever. It’s true, believe us as it’s worth the hype. This Macbook offers fast performance, a high-resolution screen, and a sleek design that never seems to overheat. Sounds fantastic, right? Moreover, Apple MacBook Pro 16” is a perfect device with a powerful system and a comfortable keyboard. Most importantly, it even has a decent battery life for a workstation. Excellent battery life is up to 11 hours, allowing you to work all day on the Macbook without charging. However, it would be quite inconvenient if you want to use a memory card because this laptop doesn’t feature an SD card reader. Coming with perfect features, Apple MacBook Pro 16 Inches is sold at a relatively low price. It is highly recommended for those who have a limited budget but still need to handle well with a large number of office tasks. New Apple MacBook Pro Pros Powerful Intel Core CPU
Gorgeous Retina Display
Great speakers and mic
Low price New Apple MacBook Pro Cons No SD card reader
Upgrades can be expensive Check Current Price
How To Select The Business Laptop For Your Needs? There are a lot of top lists out there for you to have a quick reference for the best laptop, but you can totally know how to buy a perfect laptop for work without relying on someone’s opinions. The following tips will ease your purchase. Set your technology budget and optimize your shopping strategy
Choose an operating system: Mac, Windows or Chrome OS
Choose a laptop design: Hybrid or a traditional laptop. Keyboard or a touch screen laptop
Choose the right size
Pick your specification
Consider the battery life Make sure to clarify this information before starting looking for a new laptop. By pre-listing all of them, you can find one that best suits your needs while you can save a lot of time and effort. How to Get the Best Laptop Battery Life A big battery can be your best friend on a lengthy flight or a long commute. Business laptops usually come with multiple battery options. A big battery adds some heft, but being able to run it unplugged from dawn 'til dusk is worth the weight gain.
Most ultraportable laptops have non-removable, sealed-in-the-chassis batteries. Laptops with removable batteries do still exist, but they are increasingly uncommon, limited mostly to rugged tablets and laptops designed for extreme conditions. If you think you'll need more battery life than a single charge can offer, look for an external battery pack rather than limiting yourself to a model with a swappable internal battery. Busines Laptop Connectivity Busines laptop should come with a mix of old and new ports for maximum flexibility. It shoould offer at least one USB C port (which you can use to link external display, charge the laptop, and connect USB C accessories), a USB A port, and an HDMI port. Not every system we’ve tested has included an SD or microSD card reader or an Ethernet port, but we definitely prefer to have those. Thunderbolt 4 is optional, as are additional display outputs like DisplayPort or VGA.
FAQs 1. What is a business laptop? Best business laptops are built for Officeworks which normally comes with a more powerful operating system and can be used for a longer time than consumer laptops. 2. Can best business laptops be used for gaming and entertainment? For sure! Laptop for business with a strong operating system can run well for gaming and other leisure activities. 3. What is the most important spec when buying the best business laptops? It depends on your demand for working. If your work requires moving a lot, you definitely need a portable laptop. However, if your works require you to use graphics, you should buy the one with the best graphics performance. 4. Can I buy a business laptop to last for 10 years? Definitely yes! Best business laptops are designed to work with higher standards. It can work well over the years with proper care. 5. What specs should a business computer have? The business computer should have a dual core and at least 2.7 ghz processor, 8GB of RAM, a 500GB hard drive, and an Intel HD Graphics 4000 card. It should also run Windows 7 or 8.
The 7 Best Laptops for Working From Home
Has working from home become the norm? You may need to consider whether your laptop is living up to your demands.
Thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses are encouraging their employees to work from home. This new way of working has become surprisingly effective but does require workers to source the best laptop for working from home.
Choosing a good work laptop depends on many factors. One of these is the type of job you do. Those with creative jobs, such as graphic designers, will need a powerful processor, whereas remote workers who teach or attend many virtual meetings may want to consider the webcam quality.
Regardless of what type of work you do, or where you do your work, it's important to find a suitable laptop that meets your demands.
Here are the best laptops for working from home.
Premium pick 1. Dell XPS 15 9.60 / 10 Read More Reviews Read More Reviews Read More Reviews See on Amazon The Dell XPS 15 is a superior choice for those working from home. It's lightweight, has a powerful processor, features a vibrant screen, and has exceptionally high-quality speakers. The Intel Core i7 processor and 1TB SSD storage can handle tasks demanded by most jobs using CPU-intensive apps. Architects and engineers, for example, will be confident with its performance thanks to the generous 64GB of RAM and 8-core processor. Whereas writers will enjoy its excellent keyboard and love the large and accurate trackpad. The display is vibrant and suitable for indoor and outdoor use. However, those needing color accuracy should know that it has an average Delta E grade. Therefore, it may not be ideal for photographers, graphic designers, etc. While the Dell XPS 15 is undoubtedly a powerhouse, it doesn't boast a particularly strong battery. It is okay if you work from your kitchen and have access to a steady power supply, but it could be a problem for digital nomads living somewhere with an unreliable power supply or anyone living in a disaster-prone area. Read More Key Features Webcam supports Windows Hello
Fingerprint reader on power button
High-quality speakers Specifications Brand: Dell
Dell Storage: 1TB SSD
1TB SSD CPU: Intel Core i7-11700H
Intel Core i7-11700H Memory: 64GB
64GB Operating System: Windows 11 Home
Windows 11 Home Battery: 8 hours
8 hours Ports: 2x Thunderbolt 4, 1x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2, 1x Full size SD card reader v6.0, 1x Headphone & Mic Audio Jack, 1x USB-C to USB-A v3.0 & HDMI v2.0 adapter included
2x Thunderbolt 4, 1x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2, 1x Full size SD card reader v6.0, 1x Headphone & Mic Audio Jack, 1x USB-C to USB-A v3.0 & HDMI v2.0 adapter included Camera: 720p
720p Display (Size, Resolution): 15.6-inch, 1920x1200
15.6-inch, 1920x1200 Weight: 4.22lbs
4.22lbs GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Dimension: 13.57 x 9.06 x 0.71 inches
13.57 x 9.06 x 0.71 inches Model: XPS 15 9510 Elite Pros Powerful processor
Thin and lightweight
Excellent build quality
Satisfying keyboard Cons Average battery life
Only USB-C (Has adaptor for HDMI v2.0 and USB-C to USB-A) Buy This Product Dell XPS 15 Shop at Amazon
Editors choice 2. 2021 Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch 9.40 / 10 Read More Reviews Read More Reviews Read More Reviews See on Amazon Although the M1 Max is a more powerful chip, MacBook users buying machines with the lower-priced M1 Pro chip will not be squandering an opportunity. Make no mistake—this chip can handle just about anything you throw at it. With 16GB of RAM, professionals from most fields will be able to use this machine seamlessly with multiple programs and apps in operation. You can configure it to 32GB RAM and a whopping 8TB of storage for a price. These upgrades will make the device suitable for any profession requiring CPU-intensive apps. The build quality is excellent, with a sturdy and lightweight aluminum enclosure, and its sleek design and relatively small weight make it an ideal choice for those working from home. The battery performance is also a significant plus for on-the-go professionals or even stay-at-home remote workers that like a change of scenery at the cafe. At the end of a long day, watching your favorite entertainment apps, chatting with friends on FaceTime, or just simply browsing the web is an enjoyable experience. With the 2021 Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch's immersive display and high-quality audio, it's hard to find a reason to turn it off. Read More Key Features Backlit Magic Keyboard
Liquid Retina XDR display
Unyielding aluminum enclosure
Touch ID Specifications Brand: Apple
Apple Storage: 512GB SSD
512GB SSD CPU: M1 Pro 10-core
M1 Pro 10-core Memory: 16GB
16GB Operating System: MacOS
MacOS Battery: Up to 21 hours
Up to 21 hours Ports: 3x Thunderbolt 4, 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2, 1x HDMI, 1x SDXC, 1x 3.5mm headphone jack, 1x MagSafe 3 port
3x Thunderbolt 4, 1x USB 3.1 Gen 2, 1x HDMI, 1x SDXC, 1x 3.5mm headphone jack, 1x MagSafe 3 port Camera: 1080p FaceTime HD camera
1080p FaceTime HD camera Display (Size, Resolution): 16.2-inch XDR, 3456x2234
16.2-inch XDR, 3456x2234 Weight: 4.7lbs
4.7lbs GPU: Apple 16-core
Apple 16-core Dimension: 14.01 x 9.77 x 0.66 inches Pros Excellent battery life
Outstanding sound and picture quality
Sleek design and lightweight
High quality webcam Cons Lacks USB-A port
Display not 4K Buy This Product 2021 Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch Shop at Amazon
Best value 3. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 8.80 / 10 Read More Reviews Read More Reviews Read More Reviews See on Amazon The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 is a well-priced laptop suitable for many types of remote work. The Intel 11th-generation CPU powers the device, and it has an ample amount of RAM at 12GB. Budget laptops typically do not feature such a fast CPU and often only have 4 to 8 GB of RAM. The Intel Core i5 processor can easily handle most tasks, and the Intel Iris Xe Graphics GPU is good enough for most remote work. The build quality, too, is decent despite its low price. Couple this with the seven-hour battery life and slim build, and it's easy to see why the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 is great for remote workers. The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 has a solid 300-nit 1080p IPS panel, which is also a multi-touchscreen, meaning it's pretty versatile depending on how you want to work. You can comfortably use it in different environments without having to squint, allowing you to be able to work indoors or outdoors. However, if you plan to attend virtual meetings or hold conferences, you may find the webcam doesn't offer the best quality; an additional purchase might be required. Read More Key Features FHD multi-touch screen
IPS technology for wide viewing angles
Backlit keyboard Specifications Brand: Lenovo
Lenovo Storage: 256GB SSD
256GB SSD CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7
11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Memory: 12GB
12GB Operating System: Windows 11
Windows 11 Battery: Up to 7 hours
Up to 7 hours Ports: 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1 x SD, media card reader, 1x 3.5mm Headphone Jack
2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1 x SD, media card reader, 1x 3.5mm Headphone Jack Camera: 0.3MP, with Privacy Shutter
0.3MP, with Privacy Shutter Display (Size, Resolution): 15.6-inch, 1920x1080
15.6-inch, 1920x1080 Weight: 3.74 lbs
3.74 lbs GPU: Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics Dimension: 13.8 x 9.1 x 0.75 inches Pros Decent battery life for the price
Powerful performance Cons Average camera quality Buy This Product Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Shop at Amazon
4. Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch 9.40 / 10 Read More Reviews Read More Reviews Read More Reviews See on Amazon Users who employ incredibly high CPU-intensive apps may wish to go for the M1 Pro or M1 Max chip found in other MacBooks. However, the M1 chip in the MacBook Pro 13-inch is a fantastic choice for everyone else. In addition to its remarkable performance, it uses only a fraction of the power of other laptops, so it meets the needs of most professionals. Battery life is exceptional with this laptop, which is a convenient aspect that those working from home need to consider. Excellent battery life means you can take your work away from home to the cafe or even the park. With an incredible 20 hours of battery life in this machine, you will unlikely feel the stress associated with a draining battery at a critical time. Also, its sleek and lightweight design means that you can easily pack and move with minimal effort. While the camera quality isn't the best, it is good enough for virtual meetings or online classes to pass without incident. Read More Key Features True Tone technology adjusts the display to your light conditions
Touch bar and touch ID
Comfortable scissor-switch keyboard Specifications Brand: Apple
Apple Storage: 256GB
256GB CPU: 3.2 GHz M1 chip
3.2 GHz M1 chip Memory: 16GB
16GB Operating System: macOS Monterey
macOS Monterey Battery: 20 hours
20 hours Ports: 2x Thunderbolt 3, 3.5mm audio input
2x Thunderbolt 3, 3.5mm audio input Camera: 720p FaceTime HD camera
720p FaceTime HD camera Display (Size, Resolution): 13.3-inch, 2560x1600
13.3-inch, 2560x1600 Weight: 3 lbs
3 lbs GPU: Integrated
Integrated Dimension: 14.75 x 11.25 x 4.25 inches Pros Access to a much wider range of apps
Excellent camera and audio
Long battery life
Sleek and lightweight Cons Average webcam Buy This Product Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch Shop at Amazon
5. HP spectre 14T 9.20 / 10 Read More Reviews Read More Reviews Read More Reviews See on Amazon The HP Spectre 14T brings aesthetics and power together with one of the best 2-in-1 laptops on the market. On the one hand, it is a powerful laptop with an Intel Core i7 CPU, which will handle most of your work tasks exceptionally well. On the other hand, the design is stunning, which isn't a clincher for a remote worker, but it certainly adds to its appeal. It conveniently converts into a tablet whenever needed and comes complete with the MPP2.0 Tilt Pen. It is a perfect accessory for those that prefer to make handwritten notes when attending virtual meetings or those working in creative industries. The pen's battery has a long life, so you can feel confident it will last for the entirety of any task. The 13.5-inch screen has a 3:2 ratio, which is seen more in the laptop market nowadays. This ratio means less zooming in and out and less scrolling, saving you time and keeping you organized and focused. Read More Key Features 2-in-1 convertible
3:2 Display with OLED
MPP2.0 Tilt Pen Specifications Brand: HP
HP Storage: 512GB SSD
512GB SSD CPU: Intel Core i7-1165G7
Intel Core i7-1165G7 Memory: 16GB
16GB Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Pro Battery: Up to 10 hours
Up to 10 hours Ports: 2x Thunderbolt 4, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x 3.5mm audio
2x Thunderbolt 4, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x 3.5mm audio Camera: HP True Vision 720p
HP True Vision 720p Display (Size, Resolution): 13.5-inch, 1920x1280
13.5-inch, 1920x1280 Weight: 3lbs
3lbs GPU: integrated Intel Xe Graphics
integrated Intel Xe Graphics Dimension: 11.75 x 8.67 x 0.67 inches Pros Beautiful design
Good battery life
Great audio quality
Lightweight Cons A little pricey Buy This Product HP spectre 14T Shop at Amazon
6. Razer Book 13 7.80 / 10 Read More Reviews Read More Reviews Read More Reviews See on Amazon Although Razer Books are usually for gamers, the Razer Book 13 deserves a mention as a suitable laptop for working from home. It is Razer's first laptop intended for work productivity. However, for those remote-working gamers out there, never fear—you can fit the Razer Book 13 with an eGPU, such as the Razer Core X, which will convert it into a laptop you can use for work and for gaming in your spare time. The major downfall, though, is that a good eGPU doesn't come cheap, and for digital nomads, it will add considerable weight and take up more space in your luggage. The Razer Book 13 alone has a good enough performance for working from home, so it is one traveling remote workers can consider. If you tend not to travel so much, you can use the eGPU for gaming and work productivity. Read More Key Features RGB lit keyboard
16:10 edge-to-edge lit display
Excellent multi-core performance Specifications Brand: Razer
Razer Storage: 512GB
512GB CPU: Intel Core i7-1165G7
Intel Core i7-1165G7 Memory: 16GB
16GB Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Home Battery: Up to 11 hours
Up to 11 hours Ports: 2x Thunderbolt 4, 1 x MicroSD Slot, 1 x HDMI 2.0
2x Thunderbolt 4, 1 x MicroSD Slot, 1 x HDMI 2.0 Camera: 720P
720P Display (Size, Resolution): 13.4-inch, 3840 x 2100
13.4-inch, 3840 x 2100 Weight: 3.09lbs
3.09lbs GPU: Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Intel Iris Xe Graphics Dimension: 11.61 x 7.81 x 0.59 inches
11.61 x 7.81 x 0.59 inches Speakers: THX Spatial Audio 7.1 surround Pros Excellent design and build quality
Good battery life Cons Average file-transfer performance
Unsuitable for gaming without the eGPU Buy This Product Razer Book 13 Shop at Amazon
7. MacBook Air 2020 9.60 / 10 Read More Reviews Read More Reviews Read More Reviews See on Amazon Previous models of the MacBook Air didn't feature the Apple M1 chip. Therefore, it wasn't perfect for creative jobs, such as graphic design. However, since newer models now feature the chip, the MacBook Air can be seen as an affordable alternative to the MacBook Pro. It boasts performance good enough for just about any kind of remote work. Content writers, teachers, and those who need to do many virtual meetings can easily use an older model. However, the newer version featuring the chip is a safe bet for all. The MacBook Air 2020 boasts a high-quality HD camera, and thanks to its thermal efficiency technology, it can run all day without heating too much. It's ideal for working from home, or taking it with you when you need to work on the go. Read More Key Features Thermal efficiency with no fan noise
True Tone technology
Touch ID Specifications Brand: Apple
Apple Storage: 256GB or 512GB
256GB or 512GB CPU: M1
M1 Memory: 8GB
8GB Operating System: macOS
macOS Battery: 18 hours
18 hours Ports: 2x Thunderbolt, 1x 3.5mm headphone jack
2x Thunderbolt, 1x 3.5mm headphone jack Camera: 720p HD
720p HD Display (Size, Resolution): 13.3-inch, 25600x1600
13.3-inch, 25600x1600 Weight: 2.8lbs
2.8lbs GPU: M1
M1 Dimension: 11.97 x 0.63 x 8.36 inches Pros Compatible with iPhone and iPad apps
Wide and vibrant color spectrum
Outstanding battery performance
Energy efficient Cons Limited options for hardware upgrades Buy This Product MacBook Air 2020 Shop at Amazon
Q: How Much RAM Do I Need to Work From Home?
Simple office work or webcam use shouldn't need more than 4 to 8 GB of RAM, and many budget options could be sufficient.
However, those working in fields requiring many processes running simultaneously should consider 16 GB. Keep in mind that finding a budget laptop with 16GB RAM will be difficult.
Q: What Laptop Specs Do I Need for Remote Work?
If you are working from home, you won't need to worry too much about battery life, weight, or dimensions. However, if you are on the go, then these factors can be important.
Also, your laptop should have a good enough processor for your type of job. Intel Core i3, AMD 8, AMD Ryzen 3, and 5 are suitable for average intensity work. Intel Core i5, i7, i9, Xeon, and Apple's M1 chips are better for high-intensity work.
Q: Is a Bigger Laptop Screen Better?
A bigger screen is undoubtedly better if you are only required to use the laptop at home. You will be able to view documents and attend meetings or hold classes more efficiently on a bigger screen.
However, digital nomads may want to consider the screen size solely for transportation purposes.
Leave a Reply